The sole purpose for this ministry is to strengthen the marriage relationship between husbands and wives. We want to help couples better prepare for marriage, provide the tools for marriage, provide the tools and resources to help them grow and enrich their relationship and, when necessary, help restore broken relationships. Strong marriages, where God is honored, create spiritually and emotionally healthy families, and serve as a model of Christ's love for us.
As the old saying goes, "The best place to start is at the beginning." Helping couples prepare for life together as husband and wife is fundamental to this ministry. Trained mentor couples help engaged couples better understand themselves and each other before they marry, by meeting with them 5-6 times over a period of three or four months prior to the wedding. Using the FOCCUS premarital inventory and sharing their own experiencs, mentor couples help the engaged couple learn to apreciate each other's strengths, and work through areas of difference before they get married.
We've all been there. The job, the house, the kid's soccer games, holidays, music lessons, church activities, and so many other good things. But even good things take time, and sometimes we get so busy 'doing' and 'going' for everyone else that we forget about making time for each other. We forget the little things that communicate love to our spouse. For some, a seminar or weekend conference will help us remember. For others, a mentor couple will be more effective in helping you work through some of the issues about each other. Either way, it's worth the effort!
It's never too late! Reseach shows that most marriages do not end because of unfaithfulness or abuse. Rather, they end because one or both of the spouses have neglected to meet the spiritual, emotional, or physical needs of the other. No matter how hopeless it seems, most marriages can and should be saved. Mentor couples, some of whom also faced significant struggles in their own marriages, will meet with you and share their own story of healing and hope. We also provide counseling resources and information about intensive weekends for marrriages in crisis. Your marriage is worth saving and we can give you the tools, resources, and support to try again. Are you willing?
WHAT WE BELIEVE
- That God has established in Scripture the sanctity and companionship of marriage. (Gen. 2:23-24; Heb. 13:4; Prov. 5:18)
- That God intends the marriage bond between a man and woman to last a lifetime. (Malachi 2:13-15; Matt. 19:6, 9; Mark 10:9)
- That the sexual union between a man and a woman is reserved for the marriage relationship. (1 Thes. 4:3-8; I Cor. 6:18-19)
- That God intends both partners to be believers in Christ. (II Cor. 6:14-16)
- That as a body of believers, we have a responsibility to provide premarital preparation to all engaged couples. (Titus 2:2-7)
- That as a body of believers, we have a responsibility to provide ongoing support to strengthen and nourish existing marriages in order to grow spiritually healthy families. (Prov. 27:17; Phil. 2:1-2)
WE CAN HELP
If you would like to see your marriage become all that God intended it to be, we can help. Please call or email one of those listed below.
Lynn & Liane Thompson, 419-358-1751, email@example.com
Dan & Marty Amstutz, 419-384-3366, firstname.lastname@example.org
Dick & Linda Cupples, 419-358-6213, email@example.com